Overview / Purpose
This program aims to develop and/or implement projects which will help achieve positive outcomes and support for young people (12 to 25 years old) locally. It is focused on helping community organisations and local governments to implement initiatives which will help to achieve the Framework's identified outcomes of living life to the full and making a difference.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Encourage young people to participate in and contribute to all aspects of community life.
- Provide opportunities for young people to learn and develop life skills to help them get to where they want to be.
- Promote and/or create environments and accessible options to keep young people well and promote lifelong healthy lifestyles.
Funding of up to $5,000 per project is available.
Applicants must discuss their project to the grants officer before completing the application form.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include groups and organisations that must be:
- Incorporated community sector organisation (not-for-profit).
- Local government authority.
- Unincorporated organisation or community group, applying through the auspice of an incorporated body or a local government authority.
Eligible activities include one-off activities or initiatives involving one or more partners that contribute to achievement of the program objectives. These include, but are not limited to:
- Project involving young people in the planning and delivery of a specific community activity.
- Workshops for young people to learn and develop life skills.
The main assessment criteria include:
- How the project will benefit young people between 12 to 25 years of age from a broad and diverse target group.
- Whether the young people are actively involved in the design, planning and running of the project.
- Whether a range of community sector organisations, local government and government agencies are formally involved in project planning and delivery.
- Whether the young people will be able to develop their knowledge, confidence and skills to be actively involved in community life and to respond to issues impacting on their lives.
- How the wellbeing of young people will be enhanced.
- Ongoing benefits for young people after the youth activities grant is spent.
- Demonstrated ability to make the project happen and be successful.
- Value for money (e.g. the amount requested is reasonable given the number of young people involved and/or the benefits for young people).
Program ID: 82
StatusCLOSED Open Date
15 October, 2015Closing Date
09 December, 2016Closing Information
This program is available annually. The next funding round is yet to be announced.
Department of Local Government and Communities (DLGC)
Telephone: 08 6551 8700