Overview / Purpose
This program is offered to community organisations to assist in building stronger volunteer programs and initiatives.
It aims to:
- Recognise the role of volunteers in the community by providing grants which directly encourage volunteering and help volunteers in their endeavours.
- Achieve a range of practical outcomes which will directly benefit volunteers by making their work easier, safer and more enjoyable.
Funding of up to $3,000 is available.
Who Can Apply
Community-based, not-for-profit organisations, incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1985, and with an Australian Business Number (ABN), may be eligible to apply.
Unincorporated organisation may be able to apply where they are auspiced through an incorporated organisation.
The program seeks to fund projects which:
- Provide a direct benefit to the volunteers of an organisation.
- Expand volunteer participation and recruitment, especially for young people.
- Encourage networking and collaboration between organisations to address barriers to volunteer participation.
- Promote community benefit through the assistance of volunteers and volunteer programs.
- Help volunteers build on their knowledge, confidence and skills.
- Demonstrate ongoing community benefit as a result of the project.
Applications will be assessed against:
- The eligibility criteria.
- Demonstrated financial responsibility.
- Demonstrated community need for stated outcomes.
- The relative merit of other applications received.
The following are not eligible to apply:
- Government agencies.
- Organisations whose main purpose is to support personal interest pursuits or hobbies.
- Organisations who have received a grant from the Volunteer Support Fund within the last 12 months.
- Organisations with outstanding projects or acquittals with the Volunteer Support Fund.
Program ID: 603
StatusCLOSED Open Date
31 August, 2012Closing Date
29 October, 2012Closing Information
This program is available annually.
Office for Volunteers
Telephone: 08 8463 4490