Overview / Purpose
This program manages many charitable trusts and foundations that fund a range of projects and programs.
The trustees encourage and give preference to innovative proposals based on sound strategy from organisations that demonstrate the skills and commitment required to accomplish the proposed work. A goal of the trustees is to increase the capacity of communities and individuals to become self-reliant.
As a guide, funding available generally range between $10,000 and $100,000. In 2012, the average gift was approximately $60,000. The maximum amount an organisation can request is $200,000.
Who Can Apply
Organisations which have at least one of the following tax status, may be eligible to apply:
- Australian Taxation Office Charity Tax Concession (TCC) endorsement.
- Australian Taxation Office Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) endorsement.
A wide range of projects at different developmental stages including pilot and existing projects may be funded. Early career medical researchers should not be discouraged from applying.
This program also recognises that for organisations to acheieve their objectives, funds may need to be directed towards operational costs which are not necessarily project-specific.
Assessment criteria include:
- Evidence of strategy.
- Evidence of outcomes.
- Demonstrated capability to achieve its objectives.
- Demonstration of leadership and willingness of the organisation to co-operate with other organisations pursuing similar goals and the ability to leverage opportunities.
The following activities will not be considered for funding:
- Deficit funding requests.
- Fundraising appeals.
- Funding for individuals.
Program ID: 543
StatusOPEN Open Date
02 November, 2012Closing Date
14 December, 2012Closing Information
This program is available annually. The next funding round is expected to open in November 2012.
Perpetual Philanthropic Services
Telephone: 1800 501 227