to access the search functionality
Can't find what you are looking for?
advanced program search
Local Sporting Champions Program
Overview / Purpose
This program aims to assist young people aged 12-18 towards the cost of travel, accommodation, uniforms or equipment when competing, coaching, officiating at an official national sporting organisation (NSO) endorsed State, national or international sporting championships or a School Sport Australia State or national championships.
The 2016-17 funding round dates are:
- Round 1: Opened 1 March and closed 30 June 2016
- Round 2: Opened 1 July and closed 31 October 2016
- Round 3: Opened 1 November and closes 28 February 2017
- Round 1 (2017-18): Opens 1 March and closes 30 June 2017
Grants of up to $500 are available.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include young people that must:
- Be turning 12 to 18 years of age in the same calendar year as the nominated sporting championship.
- Be an Australian citizen or have been granted permanent resident status, residing in Australia.
- Be participating as an athlete, coach, umpire or referee in either/or:
a) An official State championships endorsed by the relevant Australian Sports Commission (ASC) recognised national sporting organisation (NSO).
b) An official State school sport championship endorsed by a School Sport Australia member body.
c) An official national championships endorsed by the relevant ASC recognised NSO.
d) A national school sport championships endorsed by School Sport Australia.
e) An international competition as a member of an official Australian team, endorsed by an ASC recognised NSO or School Sport Australia.
- Be living more than 125km from the championship venue, and travelling greater than 250km return to participate in the nominated championship.
- Complete and submit application to the ASC prior to the nominated championship commencing.
- Not have received a Local Sporting Champions grant (individual grant or as a member of a team grant) for an application submitted in the same allocation year (1 March-28 February).
- Not have received more than $500 in Federal government funding for the nominated championship.
- Not be participating in a professional competition that involves prize money greater than $500.
Eligible costs include:
The following are ineligible for funding:
- A club or State team travelling overseas (e.g. Queensland Touch Football teams touring New Zealand or a local club team touring Singapore).
- Development or training squads and camps (e.g. Australian U19 Women's Lacrosse Training Camp).
- Ongoing seasonal competitions (e.g. WA Basketball League or FNSW Premier League).
- Local and regional competitions (e.g. BMX NSW Regionals).
- Indigenous only sport competitions and teams (e.g. NATSIBA (National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Basketball Association) Championships).
- Competitions run by organisations not affiliated with the ASC recognised national sporting organisation or State sporting organisation.
- Friendship or invitational events (e.g. East Coast Slam or Southern Skies Tournament).
- Team grants are no longer available. Team members are encouraged to apply for an individual grant.
Program ID: 3829
01 March, 2017
30 June, 2017
The program is available triannually. Please see the Overview for the closing details.
Min: N/A - Max: $500
Australian Sports Commission (ASC)
Telephone: 02 6214 1111
to access the search functionality
Not the results you wanted? Try again:
© GrantReady 2017 .
Report an error