to access the search functionality
Can't find what you are looking for?
advanced program search
Sector Support – Small Assistance Grant for Early Years Services
Overview / Purpose
This program aims to support early years services, including kindergartens with a Voluntary Management Committee, to improve the viability, capability and quality of their service to ensure learning, development and wellbeing outcomes are achieved for children and families in their community.
There are two streams of funding available:
- Up to $30,000 (GST exclusive) for staff professional development, parental and family engagement activities and/or essential equipment and resources.
- Up to $50,000 (GST exclusive) is available to those organisations seeking to enhance their outdoor play environment.
Applicants can supplement the cost of the proposed project/s through a co-contribution if the total amount exceeds the capped amount available through this grant program. Payments to successful applicants will be made by 30 June 2017 and funding must be expended prior to 30 June 2018.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include:
- Community kindergarten operated and managed by a Voluntary Management Committee receiving support under the Queensland Kindergarten Funding Scheme.
- Organisations that must have a current Service Agreement with the Department and be in receipt of a grant to deliver an early years service in one of the funding category’s listed below:
a) Integrated services
b) Family support
c) Child focused activities and groups
d) Early childhood education and care
e) Sector support
Excluding community kindergartens with a Voluntary Management Committee, organisations are not eligible to apply if they only receive funding under the Queensland Kindergarten Funding Scheme.
The organisation must hold appropriate insurance (or provide plans to obtain insurance) including a minimum of $10 million in Public Liability Insurance and a minimum of $5 million in Professional Indemnity Insurance and Workers’ Compensation Insurance.
The legal entity is a:
- Not for profit organisation
- Non-government organisation
- Local government entity
Eligible activities include the procurement of:
- Professional development for staff, with a priority on cultural and social inclusion training.
- Parent and family engagement activities to inform and enhance service delivery (e.g. workshops and events, marketing of service, engagement with Elders and cultural leaders).
- Equipment and resources to enhance quality of program delivery (e.g. updating play equipment and technology; educational materials).
- Enhancement of outdoor play environments (e.g. shading, landscaping, natural play areas, outdoor play equipment).
The main assessment criteria include:
- Demonstrated alignment with one or more of the Early Years priorities in the Department’s Strategic Plan 2016-20.
- Demonstrated improvement to viability, capability and quality of service delivery in the community.
- Demonstrated value for money .
- Demonstrate minor works complies with practical delivery requirements.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Motor vehicles
- Activities or items requiring recurrent funding
- Project management fees for the management committee or a central governing body organisation
- Ongoing administration costs
- Infrastructure or capital works projects
Program ID: 19673
27 March, 2017
20 April, 2017
This program is available annually. The next funding round is yet to be announced.
Min: N/A - Max: $50,000
Department of Education and Training
Telephone: 07 3328 6687
to access the search functionality
Not the results you wanted? Try again:
© GrantReady 2017 .
Report an error