Overview / Purpose
This program aims to provide arts and education funding to kindergartens and schools seeking to increase their engagement with arts and culture through partnerships with artists, arts organisations or arts facilities.
The 2016-17 objectives of the program are to:
- Foster new relationships between kindergartens, schools and the arts and cultural sector.
- Support innovative arts education initiatives in Queensland kindergartens and schools.
- Support implementation of the Australian Curriculum – The Arts and the Early Years Learning Framework through high quality arts education initiatives.
Funding between $5,000 and $20,000 is available.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants must either be:
- A recognised Queensland school – this includes primary, secondary, government and non-government schools – with an ICSEA value of 1,000 or less.
- An approved kindergarten program provider funded under the Queensland Kindergarten Funding Scheme (QKFS) and in receipt of the low socio economic subsidy and/or the remote area subsidy.
Additionally, all applicants must:
- Submit a completed AIR Fund 2016-17 application form.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Have satisfied the reporting requirements of any previous Arts Queensland or Department of Education and Training funding.
Eligible projects include:
- Those that increase the kindergarten’s or school’s engagement with arts and culture through partnerships with artists, arts organisations or arts facilities.
- Any art form or across multiple art forms and can include visual arts, music, dance, design, theatre, performance, digital media, textiles, song and film.
Some examples of the types of activities supported by the program in 2016-17 might include:
- Purchase of arts materials, tools, instruments or equipment and the time of an arts professional who can help students and teachers to use them.
- The cost of transport and materials for a class to take up residency once a week in a local arts facility culminating in a showcase event or exhibition.
- Fees for a local artist or company to conduct a residency in a school or kindergarten.
- Costs associated with a program of arts incursions or excursions.
The main assessment criteria include:
Please review the Guidelines for the complete information on these criteria.
Program ID: 18372
StatusCLOSED Open Date
25 July, 2016Closing Date
16 September, 2016Closing Information
This program is available annually. The next funding round is yet to be announced.
Telephone: 07 3034 4016