Overview / Purpose
This program aims to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers. It is part of the government’s work to support the volunteers who help disadvantaged Australian communities and encourage inclusion of vulnerable people in community life.
Grants between $1,000 and $5,000 are available.
The total funding pool is $10 million for 2016.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants must be Australian not-for-profit organisations or community groups whose volunteers’ work supports families and/or communities in Australia, such as:
- Community groups or organisations that are one of the following legal entities:
a. Incorporated Associations (incorporated under State/Territory legislation, commonly have 'Association' or 'Incorporated' or 'Inc.' in their legal name).
b. Incorporated Cooperatives (also incorporated under State/Territory legislation, commonly have ‘Cooperative' in their legal name).
c. Companies (incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 – may be a proprietary company (limited by shares or by guarantee) or public companies).
d. Aboriginal Corporations (incorporated under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006).
e. Organisations established through a specific piece of Commonwealth or State/Territory legislation (public benevolent institutions, churches, universities, unions etc.).
g. Trustees on behalf of a Trust.
- An individual representing a volunteer based community group.
Eligible items include:
- Computer equipment
- Contribution to the reimbursement of fuel costs
- Contribution to the transport costs of volunteers with disability
- First aid and safety
- Contribution to costs of undertaking background screening checks of volunteers
- Contribution to the reimbursement of volunteers’ training costs
- Electronic/audio/video (non-computer related)
- Leisure and sporting
- Household/cleaning items (non-kitchen)
- Office equipment (non-computer and non-consumables)
- Indoor furniture and appliances
- Outdoor furniture and equipment
- Kitchen appliances
- Tools/power tools/construction tools
- Whitegoods and major appliances
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete information on eligible items/activities.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Fairness and impartiality
- Consistency, accountability and transparency of process
- Security and confidentiality of information
- Identification and resolution of conflicts of interest
- Compliance with legislative obligations and government policy
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete information of these criteria.
Program ID: 1313
StatusCLOSED Open Date
08 November, 2016Closing Date
20 December, 2016Closing Information
This program is available annually. The next funding round is yet to be announced.
Department of Social Services
Telephone: 1800 020 283