to access the search functionality
Can't find what you are looking for?
advanced program search
Sport and Recreation Grants Program (SRGP) – Inclusive Participation Funding Program (IPFP)
Overview / Purpose
This program aims to increase participation opportunities in sport and recreation for the identified targeted population groups.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Provide financial assistance to eligible organisations in the ACT to create new, or improve existing programs.
- Enhance the capacity and usage of sport and recreational facilities through the provision of specialised non-consumable equipment for the target population groups to participate in sport and active recreation programs.
- Improvement of education and training for those assisting in the development and delivery of sport and active recreation programs and services for the target population groups.
Grants of up to $15,000 (GST inclusive) are available. Although no matching funding is required, organisations are encouraged to financially contribute to the project.
A total funding pool of $80,000 is available in 2017.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include organisations that must:
- Be incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1991 and have all compliance requirements up to date.
- Deliver programs within the ACT.
- Have current Public Liability Insurance coverage to a minimum level of $10 million.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST) if applicable (if turnover is greater than $150,000 per annum).
- Have satisfactorily acquitted all previous grants provided by SRS and any other ACT government agency (except for current year’s funding).
Identified target population groups eligible to receive funding include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) people
- Older adults (45 years and over)
- People with a disability
Applicants are strongly encouraged to form partnerships with partners outside of their own organisation to deliver programs funded through the IPFP.
Eligible activities include:
- New sport and active recreation programs or improvements/extension to an existing program, to increase opportunities for the target population groups.
- Education and training for instructors and facilitators of physical activity programs for the target population groups that will improve the ability of individuals and organisations to deliver quality and safe programs.
- Specialised non-consumable equipment items that will assist to increase opportunities for the target population groups to participate in sport and active recreation.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Demonstrated need
- Demonstrated benefits
- Value for money
- Financial capacity of the applicant organisation to achieve the stated outcome of the project
- Feasibility of the project
- Application quality
- Organisation history
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Parents and citizens associations.
- Tertiary education institutions.
- Student community groups.
- Requests for retrospective funding.
- General administrative and management costs associated in operating the organisation.
- Costs associated with initiatives that Sport and Recreation Services considers to be the 'core business' of the organisation.
- Costs associated with salaries for staff currently employed by the applicant organisation.
- Clothing or consumable equipment (e.g. bats and balls).
- Prize money, trophies, catering and hospitality expenses.
- Activities that occur outside of the ACT (consideration will be given to education and training opportunities not available in the ACT).
Program ID: 12999
07 March, 2017
10 April, 2017
This program is available annually. The next funding round is yet to be announced.
Min: N/A - Max: $15,000
Australian Capital Territory
Sport and Recreation Services (SRS)
Telephone: 02 6207 2076
to access the search functionality
Not the results you wanted? Try again:
© GrantReady 2017 .
Report an error