Overview / Purpose
This program seeks to support schools and community groups so they can experience the huge variety of live performances, workshops and other participatory events at Arts Centre Melbourne. It provides a means for ongoing engagement with the State’s largest performing arts centre, leading to greater benefits from the arts experiences it provides.
The Fund provides support through:
- Subsidised tickets for any of Arts Centre Melbourne's schools performances and programs.
- A contribution towards travel costs to and from Arts Centre Melbourne for schools who are granted 100% subsidy.
- A contribution towards CRT costs and other costs associated with excursions for schools who are granted 100% subsidy.
- Subsidies range from 25% - 100% of the ticket price, dependant on the assessment of the application.
- Teachers attend free of charge.
- There is no limit to how many tickets can be booked (subject to availability).
- Subsidised tickets for the community members to attend world-class performances, or participate in related programs, presented by Arts Centre Melbourne.
- A contribution towards the cost of travel to and from Arts Centre Melbourne.
- Considering the breadth of shows available, limits may apply to the amount of people attending each excursion.
The level of contribution is determined on a case-by-case basis and is not guaranteed.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include Victorian:
- Schools that are facing barriers that make a visit to Arts Centre Melbourne difficult.
- Community group or organisation that:
a) Are offering support to individuals and families who don’t have the capacity to experience what’s on offer at Arts Centre Melbourne.
b) Can demonstrate how access to performances or programs at Arts Centre Melbourne will benefit their members.
Eligible expenditures include cost of:
- Other costs associated with a visit to Arts Centre Melbourne
The main assessment criteria include:
- Remoteness or regional disadvantage.
- Percentage of students receiving EMA.
- Percentage of students with non-English speaking background.
- Students with special needs.
- Local imperatives (drought, bushfire, high level of local unemployment, etc).
Program ID: 11916
StatusOPEN Closing Information
This program is open on an ongoing basis.
Arts Centre Melbourne
Telephone: 03 9281 8784