to access the search functionality
Can't find what you are looking for?
advanced program search
Bundaberg Regional Council – Sport Championship Funding Program
Overview / Purpose
This program aims to support the staging of high level sporting events in the Bundaberg Region. It provides funding for events that are international, national or state in focus, are recognised by the relevant sporting authority and provide an opportunity for talented athletes, officials and coaches to develop their skills through exposure to and participation in these events.
This program has two event categories as follows:
1. International and National Sporting Events
- Attracts international or national participation of greater than 20% of total participants to the Bundaberg Region.
- Delivers international and/or national level profile to the Bundaberg Region.
2. State Sporting Event
- Attracts state participation of greater than 80% of total participants to the Bundaberg Region.
- Delivers state level profile to the Bundaberg Region.
Grants of up to $5,000 are available.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include organisations that must:
- Be a Bundaberg Regional based sporting organisation.
- Be properly constituted with organisational incorporation (not-for-profit organisation).
- Have endorsement from the state/national sporting organisation.
Please review the Guidelines for the complete eligibility criteria.
Eligible actvities include:
- Volunteer related expenses (event workforce, training, uniforms/t-shirts, catering).
- Operational and logistic expenses (waste management, cleaning, security).
- Event infrastructure (sound/lighting/staging, equipment and furniture hire).
- Marketing and communications expenses (printing/publications).
- Medical services.
- Expenses related to event officials (judges, timekeepers, referees, transport, accommodation).
The main assessment criteria include, the extent of which the event:
- Why (20%)
- How (20%)
- Who (10%)
- What will be achieved (50%)
Please review the Guidelines for the complete information on these criteria.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Organisation who have received financial assistance from any of the following programs in the current financial year:
a) Council’s Sponsorships & Partnerships.
b) Council’s Community Grant.
- Organisation who has been in receipt of a previous Council grant that has not been satisfactorily acquitted.
- Individuals or groups of individuals.
- Unincorporated groups/organisations.
- Political groups.
- For-profit groups.
- Educational institutions including schools, universities and TAFE colleges.
- Retrospective cost associated with events that have already commenced or been completed.
- Cost associated with the event bid.
- Insurance (public liability, general liability).
- Cost associated with appearance fees, presentation functions, trophies, prize money.
- Office equipment such as computers, printers, photocopiers etc.
- Council fees and charges (facilities/assets/licenses etc).
- Private/commercial ventures.
- Rental of office premises.
- Meals of event officials.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of restrictions.
Program ID: 11619
This program is open on an ongoing basis. Submission is at least four weeks before the commencement of the event.
Min: N/A - Max: $5,000
Bundaberg Regional Council
Telephone: 1300 883 699
to access the search functionality
Not the results you wanted? Try again:
© GrantReady 2015 .
Report an error