to access the search functionality
Can't find what you are looking for?
advanced program search
Community Business Bureau – Community Development Grants
Overview / Purpose
This program aims to support Australian not-for-profit organisations undertaking projects that assist in their growth, or provides a benefit to the community. In celebration of its 21st birthday, CBB is making available up to $21,000 of in-kind consulting and business services to not for profit organisations.
The grant will consist of up to $7,000 (plus GST) worth of in-kind consulting services for a total of three organisations in the following categories:
1. Leading from the Front
- Organisations applying for the Leading from the Front grant are looking to improve the capability and skills of their leaders to take their organisation to the next level and will be open to receiving an objective assessment of their leaders followed by expert recommendations. The successful organisation will receive:
a) Kick off meeting with their Chief Executive
b) Leadership workshop to identify their top five leadership imperatives
c) 360 survey designed for their leadership team
d) 360 reviews with their leadership team (up to a maximum of five)
e) Individual debrief and coaching discussion with each member of the leadership team
f) Feedback to their Chief Executive
2. Make Marketing Happen
- This grant is for organisations that know they need to put a marketing program in place, but don’t have the skills, resources or experience to make it happen.
- The winner will receive:
a) A half-day branding workshop, delivered on their premises to up to 12 participants
b) A 12-month marketing plan, tailored to their organisation
3. Finessing your Finances
- This grant is for organisations whose finance function needs smoothing out.
- The successful applicant will receive:
a) A Finance Healthcheck conducted by a Senior Finance Consultant
b) Preparation of their annual budget – this will include preparing their budget and cashflow forecast, with mentoring in the process for key staff in their organisation and a framework they can use in future years
Organisations can apply for one grant or all three; but any one organisation can only be successful in one grant application. The applicants' preference must be indicated if applying for more than one.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include not for profit organisations across Australia that must meet the following criteria:
1. Organisational criteria
- Must be registered as a charity with the ACNC.
- Must have been operating for at least 12 months. In the case of a newly merged organisation, at least one of the pre-merged organisations needs to have been operating for at least 12 months.
- The majority of services delivered must be in Australia.
- Organisations must not have purchased consulting services from CBB within the last 12 months.
- Organisations who have a current proposal from CBB to provide consulting services are ineligible to apply for a grant in the same area covered by the proposal (e.g. if the organisation has a current proposal from CBB for leadership development, then they are ineligible to apply for the Leading from the Front grant).
- Organisations who have previously applied for or received a CBB Community Development Grant are still eligible to apply.
2. Financial criteria
- Between $1 million and $10 million revenue (income) per annum.
- Evidence of sound financial management (demonstrated in financial statements).
3. Other criteria
- Successful applicants must be happy to acknowledge CBB as a sponsor of the initiative and provide information to CBB as to how the grant has assisted the organisation, in the form of a case study or another form of marketing material.
- Successful applicants must be prepared to participate in CBB’s marketing and community engagement program in relation to the work carried out through the grant. They may be requested to participate in activities including but not limited to podcasts, annual reports, videos or other marketing collateral.
- Applications must be approved by the applicant organisation’s Chief Executive or Chair of the Board.
Applicants do not need to be an existing CBB client to apply.
Program ID: 10716
16 December, 2016
This program is available annually. The next funding round is yet to be announced.
Min: N/A - Max: $7,000
Housing or Homelessness
Community Business Bureau
Telephone: 08 8444 9700
to access the search functionality
Not the results you wanted? Try again:
© GrantReady 2017 .
Report an error